The first-ever Women in Aviation Day will be featured Friday, April 8 at Har-Ber High School.
The event will feature two sessions from 9-11 a.m. and from noon to 2 p.m. in the Marsha Jones Performing Arts Center at 300 Jones Road.
This FREE event is open to all Northwest Arkansas students in fifth grade or above who are interested in attending.
Keynote speakers Tammy "G." Barlette and Sharon "Betty" Preszler will, respectively, share messages on "The Mission Focused Mindset" and "Inclusion."
Barlette will speak into "how to stop pulling the ejection handle on your dreams and goals," while Preszler will share about how to "speak for those who don't feel they can speak for themselves."
The session schedules are as follows:
9 a.m. to 11 a.m.
- 8:45 a.m.: Arrive at HBHS PAC
- 9 a.m.: Tammy Barlette
- 9:45 a.m.: Question and Answer Session
- 10 a.m.: Sharon Preszler
- 10:45 a.m.: Question and Answer Session
- 11 a.m.: Depart
Noon to 2 p.m.
- 11:45 a.m.: Arrive at HBHS PAC
- Noon: Tammy Barlette
- 12:45 p.m.: Question and Answer Session
- 1 p.m.: Sharon Preszler
- 1:45 p.m.: Question and Answer Session
- 2 p.m.: Depart
- Student interest in aviation and workforce opportunities is expected to continue to grow in the region.
- Offerings in aviation courses for both crewed and uncrewed aircraft continue to expand across the state in high school, post secondary and certification programs.
- This DEI initiative exposes young women to STEM careers in which they are underrepresented, as only 4-7% of pilots are female. (Source: AOPA)
- Help Arkansas create enthusiasm for aviation and firmly establish Northwest Arkansas as a leader in aviation and aerospace education.
Contact Jason McMullen at email@example.com for more information.
Reservations are required through the below links to attend this event.